Friday, February 26, 2010

sigh (Dec 2005)

Come, Fill the Cup (Pialeh)

Come, fill the cup.
It’s been a long, long time
That this fiery water has not carried me away.

These glasses, which are emptied one by one,
are an ocean of fire which I pour down my throat.
The whirlpool seizes me, but the water does not carry me away.

On the wild bewitching steed of wine
I have traveled to the endless world of imagination,
To fields starry with tender thoughts,
To the unknown frontier between life and death,
To garden paths of ever elusive dreams,
To the city of memories.
But now, beyond the edge of my bed
The wine no longer carries me

O eagle of love!

Rise up from your misty, distant peaks.
Wing your way to the grieving plains of my life.
Carry me to where the wine no longer carries me.

How unlucky am I,
For the eagle does not carry me away.

(By persian singer Fereydoon Moshiri, Translated By: Sharok Vafa)

No comments:

Post a Comment